Monday, April 7, 2014

The Punisher (2004)

Director: Jonathan Hensleigh

Writers: Jonathan Hensleigh, Michael France

Composer: Carlo Siliotto

Starring: Thomas Jane, John Travolta, Roy Scheider, Rebecca Romijn, John Pinette, Will Patton, Ben Foster, Laura Elena Harring, Kevin Nash

More info: IMDb

Tagline: This Is Not Revenge. It's Punishment!

Plot: An undercover FBI agent becomes a vigilante assassin and sets out to unleash vengeance upon the corrupt businessman who slew his family.



My rating: 7/10

Will I watch it again? Sure.

Geez, I've seen this three times now, I think, and it's not as fun as it used to be.  Maybe it's the pacing. But then maybe it's Travolta's uninspiring performance as the villain.  Or how about the final assault by the Punisher on Saint's (Travolta) house barely lasts 10 minutes.  It feels like there's a lot in the middle that needs to be tightened up or changed altogether.  It's not a great film but it is fun. BUT, and this is a big one, it's got a great fucking classic line that one of my all time favorites. 




And for that, I can't say no to watching it again.



No comments:

Post a Comment