Thursday, September 7, 2017

Fright Night (1985)

Director: Tom Holland

Writer: Tom Holland

Composer: Brad Fiedel

Starring: Chris Sarandon, William Ragsdale, Amanda Bearse, Roddy McDowall, Stephen Geoffreys, Jonathan Stark, Dorothy Fielding, Art Evans

More info: IMDb

Tagline: There are some very good reasons to be afraid...of the dark.

Plot: When a teenager learns that his next door neighbour is a vampire, no one will believe him.



My rating: 7/10

Will I watch it again?  Probably not.

I think this is only the second time I've seen this since the first when it was on VHS in '86.  I like it.  It's well made, it looks great, the actors do a fine job, Roddy McDowall is always fun to watch and glue sniffing looking Stephen Geoffreys is hilarious as Evil Ed.  It's a neat twist on the vampire story with some great effects.  I know people who go apeshit over this flick and that's where I don't get it.  I want to but to me it's just a good movie and that's how it's going to be.  The Columbia DVD is a flipper disc with the fullscreen version on one side and the anamorphic widescreen version on the other.  The only extra is the theatrical trailer (non anamorphic widescreen).

No comments:

Post a Comment